PREP supports projects through competitive RFPs, local grants, and other funding mechanisms. The following publication provides a narrative of who PREP is, why we do the work we do and the highlights and future plans for the program.
The PREP's 2010 Local Grants Program Recipients
* City of Dover Conservation Lands Audit & on-line Inventory for Dover. Project updates a City-wide functional inventory of all protected lands in the City of Dover and provide this information on-line via a portal on the City of Doverís website and through New Hampshire's Statewide Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Clearinghouse (GRANIT).
* NH Coastal Protection Partnership Fertilizer and Storm water Runoff Outreach Program (New Castle Pilot Project). Includes development of a public outreach model that will motivate land owners to reduce the amount of nitrogen and other stormwater pollutants entering surface waters.
* Town of Sandown Buffer Brochure Follow Up and New Wetland District Zoning Ordinance. Project entails development of an education brochure about a proposed wetlands district zoning ordinance and mail a copy to each household in Sandown, NH.
* Southeast Land Trust of New Hampshire Promoting Land Conservation in the Coastal Watershed through Local Faces and Special Places. Promotes conservation easements within the coastal watershed of Rockingham County, New Hampshire using an outreach campaign.
* Lamprey River Watershed Alliance Lamprey Watershed - Education/Outreach. Prject includes development of a nominatation package for designation 35 miles of the Lamprey and 52 miles of major tributaries into the NHDES Rivers Management and Protection Program (RMPP).
* Three Ponds Protective Association
Watershed Survey and LCC Pilot Project. Entails the completion of a watershed survey of Depot Pond and adjacent Salmon Falls River that documents soil erosion sites and to install a rain garden, filtration steps, and/or a vegetated buffer at the Milton Town Beach to treat stormwater runoff.
Go to Publications page